Hello everyone! This a step by step blog on how to rent a sailboat with Community Sailing. We rent sailboats for $25/hour at the Boulder Reservoir in Boulder and the Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver. If you have taken an Adult Sailing Class and want to show off your skills or if you have the prior sailing experience you can rent a sailboat….and here’s how!
1. Go to our website: www.communitysailing.org
2. You can either go to our “Sailboat Rentals” page under “Sailing Programs” tab or go directly to our “Registration” tab and click “All Other Programs (Boulder)” or “All Other Programs (Cherry Creek)” based off of which location you desire.
a. Once you hit the “All Other Programs (Location)” button you will see all of the sailing opportunities and programs Community Sailing offers. On the left-hand side, you will see “Sailboat Rentals”, go ahead and click that.
b. If you hit “Sign Up” under the “Sailboat Rentals” page you are just one step ahead at the Sailboat Rentals booking page.
3. Now that you are looking at the Sailboat Rentals booking calendar, you can go ahead and click the date you would like to rent.
a. You will see times and options to choose from.
b. There is an option for “First Time Renters” and “Return Renters”
c. We require a checkout for all First Time Renters, this is a mandatory one-time checkout which costs $25. If you have not rented with us in the past you will need to click “First Time Renters”, if you have rented with us in the past or have taken an Adult Class you will click “Return Renters”.
4. Once you have selected the correct option and time you will need to start filling out the information required.
a. Please make sure you read and accept both the Swimming Prerequisite and the Liability Waiver.
5. After filling out the necessary information you will now click “Add to cart” at the bottom.
a. Now that you are at the checkout page please review your cart and add your contact and payment information.
6. If you have realized you would like to add another rental, adult class or another program you can go to the top of the page and hit “Keep Shopping”.
7. Hit “Submit + Pay”! Boom, you have rented a sailboat with Community Sailing and are going sailing!