The mission of Community Sailing of Colorado is to “Make sailing in Colorado accessible to all. Teach skills, build confidence, & have fun.” The first step to reaching this objective is to create new sailors in our community and share our knowledge of the sport. During the summer months, we cast out our net and host “Free Open Sailing” events that we call Free Sail Nights (FSN) to share sailing with new and veteran sailors alike. These Free Sail Nights allow people to go for about a 30 minute sail (approximately depending on participants) with a CSC instructor or volunteer. FSNs have become very popular with a typical evening hosting upwards of 100 people. Come prepared with a snack or picnic to enjoy our reservoirs before and after your time on the water.
We will host Free Sail Nights bi-monthly during June, July and August at the Boulder Reservoir and Cherry Creek Reservoir. These are great opportunities for first timers to step into a boat, or family members and junior campers to strut their stuff and share the smile sailing brings with friends.
IMPORTANT: Participants will need to pay for park entrance fees. Ages 5 and up will be allowed to participate.
2018 Boulder Reservoir Dates:
- Tuesday, June 12 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 26 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 10 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 24 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 7 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 21 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
2018 Cherry Creek Reservoir Dates:
- Wednesday, June 6 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 20 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 18 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 1 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 15 from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm