Yes…we will try and sail every day during camp but know the weather sometimes doesn’t cooperate. Please plan on attending camp everyday during your scheduled week regardless of a little rain, unless you are contacted by our staff. Rain doesn’t scare sailors
Code of Conduct: The following rules will help ensure a safe, rewarding, and cheerful learning environment. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times while on CSC property, with staff or parent volunteers and while representing CSC at away events. Students will show respect for their peers, instructors, and other individuals. Students are expected to cooperate and follow directions at all times:
- No obscene language, rough-housing or throwing of objects.
- Life Jackets and helmets will be worn at all times whenever a student is on the docks or in a boat.
- Boundaries must be observed, both on the water and on shore, as established by the instructors.
- There is no running on the docks.
- Students will pick up their own trash and are expected to keep their belongings neat and orderly.
- At the end of class, students are expected to leave equipment shipshape and must report any damaged or missing equipment.
- Students must be picked up promptly. We would ask the parent to contact the coach if he/she knows they may be late.
- CSC cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items. Please leave items of value at home.
First Occurrence: When a problem surfaces the first action is to be taken by the instructor.
- The student will be spoken to and made aware of the problem. Positive reinforcement will be part of the attempt to solve the problem.
- The student will have to spend a few minutes in time out. On land, the time out area may be determined by the instructor. On the water or onshore at the time out area will be determined by the instructor.
- Program Director will have a conversation with the parent if he/she decides it is necessary to improve the situation. We believe it is important for everyone to be in the loop.
Second Occurrence: If the problem isn’t resolved the Program Director will be notified by the instructor.
- The Program Director will speak to the student involved.
- The student will be asked to speak about the problem and give their view of occurrence.
- The student will be asked to suggest what they think is a good solution to the problem.
- The parents will be updated by the Program Director. Fair and consequential actions will result.
Third Occurrence: The student(s) will be asked to stay home if the safety self or others is compromised.
- Any further significant problems will be reviewed by the Program Director & Parent and the student may be asked to leave CSC for the remainder of the session. A full written report will be submitted from this meeting and kept on file.