Hi There –
We are so excited to have your child join us next week for camp next week! In order for us to keep everyone as safe as possible (since most of our campers are not yet eligible for vaccines), I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to thoroughly read this email prior to bringing your child to camp.
PLEASE NOTE: If your child OR any unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals in your household have exhibited ANY COVID-related symptoms in the last 14 days: DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAMP.
Inclement Weather – we are asking parents to monitor the weather and be prepared to pick up children in a timely manner if inclement weather is imminent. We will be texting parents in such a situation, so please be cognizant of this.
Tipping – Our instructors work very hard to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our summer camps, which is no small feat amidst a pandemic and in this ever-challenging Colorado weather. If you feel that your child has had an exceptional experience in our camp, you are more than welcome to show that appreciation directly to our instructor. It is certainly not expected or required but is always appreciated.
What to Bring:
- Water – You will need to pack enough water for the whole day to help us limit higher-risk areas involved in water refill stations.
- 2 cloth face coverings – neck gaiters/buffs or cloth masks are fine. We do require that you have 2 in case one is misplaced or in the case that someone uses a neck gaiter as it is traditionally intended and it gets wet.
- Lunch, sunscreen, towel, and close-toed shoes (water shoes, crocs with a back strap, or old sneakers work great).
- Highly recommended but not required – Personnel PFD and helmet (bike helmets are fine). We will be assigning each camper their personal PFDs and helmets to use for the week. These will be disinfected daily prior to being put away for the evening. Although it is definitely not mandatory, if you are able to provide your own, this would be recommended.
Knowing what camp your child is signed up for will help the check-in process immensely. So please refer to your original confirmation email for your camper’s registration information.
Camp Hours: 9:00-3:30pm
FIRST DAY ONLY Staggered Check-In Times:
- 8:50 am – Intro to Advanced OR Advanced Sailing Camp OR Buddy-Based Sailing Camp
- 9:10 am – Intermediate OR SUP + Kayak
Once everyone is familiar with our check-in process and exact camp drop-off location, check-in will resume at 9:00 am for all camps for the remainder of the week.
What to Expect on the first day:
Camp check-in will begin promptly to 8:50 am (specific directions to your check-in location below). At that time a CSC representative will greet. Please stay in your vehicle. If you are new to our camp, detailed directions to this location are at the bottom of this email. Upon arrival, the Camp Shore Director:
- Will ask a few questions to complete our daily COVID health screening.
- Will direct you to your exact camp drop-off area where their camp instructor will be waiting.
- Parents or guardians (and anyone else NOT participating in camp) must REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.
Important General Information for All Camps:
- If your child OR any unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals in your household has exhibited ANY COVID-related symptoms in the last 14 days: DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAMP. Prorated refunds will be provided to any participant that stays home for illness-related reasons. Thank you in advance for helping us do our due diligence to keep these youth safe.
- Social distancing measures will remain in place between all campers as well as staff, with the exception of those who have been listed ahead of time as a pre-designated “Buddy-Pairing.”
- FOR ALL CAMPS: Masks will be worn on shore at all times except for when eating or drinking, at which point everyone will remain at least 6 feet away from each other or 6 feet away from any other buddy-pairing.
- FOR ALL CAMPS: Masks will NOT be worn while on the water, as this poses a significant danger if a boat capsizes and a child finds themselves attempting to breathe through a wet mask while swimming.
- In the instance that a child is unable to or unwilling to follow COVID-related guidelines or camp rules, we will have to call you to pick them up. We are unable to tolerate infractions to rules that could potentially put participants and staff in danger. Refunds will not be provided under these circumstances.
- Each camp group will remain separate at all times both on and off the water
- Campers must remain with their camp group and will not have contact with any other camp groups for any reason.
Last year during the height of the pandemic these measures ensured that all campers remained safe and we experienced ZERO cases of COVID. We are functioning under all of the same restrictions as last year since most of our campers are still not eligible for vaccinations. Even if your child is fully vaccinated they will still be required to follow COVID guidelines since there will be children in their class who aren’t vaccinated yet and we will continue to promote an environment based on unity and equity.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Please know that we are receiving a very high volume of calls and emails, so we will respond as soon as we are able. We appreciate your patience in advance and look forward to getting your child on the water this summer!
The Entire CSC Team
Directions to CSC’s Location at the Boulder Reservoir: To get in through the front gate just let them know you’re attending a sailing event with Community Sailing. Enter the park and follow Reservoir Road by staying right to pass the beach and parking lots. Follow signs to the Sailboat Ramp then turn left toward the sailboat ramp. The Shore Director will greet you at this intersection and direct you to the exact drop off location for your camp. Please drive slowly as this could be a high pedestrian traffic area. Please remain in your vehicle at all times.
Directions to CSCs Location at Cherry Creek Reservoir: We are located in Cherry Creek State Park in Greenwood Village. Come in through the West entrance (by Cherry Creek High School) and let the front gate know your part of a camp with Community Sailing. Then just follow the road (W. Lake View Rd) down and take your first left onto Marina Access Rd. Follow that road past the signs to the boat ramp/ inspection station and a staff member will meet you on the road near the lot just beyond the turn for the boat ramp. This is where we will go through our check-in process, and then direct your child to the area in which their Camp Instructor will be awaiting them.