Is your child looking to volunteer with CSC this summer? Our Junior Sailing Instructor in Training (JSIT) Camp provides the necessary training for Advanced sailors to become confident and qualified role models. JSITs are taught how to assist instructors with a wide variety of camps. We focus on leadership, teaching strategies, and camp curriculum, along with emerging skills in safety and responsibility. This course is mandatory for all 1st year Junior Instructor applicants and only needs to be taken once.
– Must be 12 years of age to take the JSIT training course.
– Successful completion of at least 1 week of Advanced 420 Camp or higher.
– Be available to volunteer for full camp weeks.
– If the applicant is new, they must attend one of the JSIT Training Courses ($499 for the week) held June 10-14, 2024 and July 8-12, 2024 in both locations (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:30pm).
– Recommended (but not required) for 14+ y/o: Completion of the Colorado Boating Safely Course (https://www.register-ed.com/programs/colorado/132-colorado-boating-safely-course). Please note that this course is recommended for anyone interested in eventually becoming an instructor. This Boating License legally allows 14+ year olds to operate a motor vehicle in CO and would allow JSITs to practice driving motorboats prior to being required to test motorboat driving skills as an instructor.