June 5, 2021 Update | Summer 2021 Operating Guidelines
In an ever-changing pandemic where only a portion of our campers are eligible for vaccinations, we are continuing to take camp-wide precautions to keep all participants and staff safe. Additionally, we too have fell subject to intense staffing shortages this season so these precautions are also to help maintain the health of our employees in order to prevent canceling camps. If all it takes is wearing masks so that we don’t have to cancel your camp last minute due to staff illness, we are happy to do so. Becuase of this we will continue to function under the following guidelines as they pertain to our programs:
1) Social distancing will be enforced both on and off the water (except for between predesignated pairings)
2) Hand sanitizing/ washing will occur frequently
3) Masks will be worn onshore
4) Becuase masks are a drowning hazard they will not be worn while sailing
5) Since masks cannot be worn while sailing, nor are our boats big enough to maintain social distance. Therefore only sibling pairs or self-designated cohort partners will be allowed to sail in boats together (we still are not yet able to let strangers sail together). Any sailor who is at the Intermediate level or higher will be sailing solo in their own boat.
6) All participants will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending camp or class.
7) Equipment will be assigned to each participant (or pair of participants in the case of our Buddy-Based Camps) for the duration of the week and sanitized daily.
8) Non-contact check-in procedures (where anyone not attending camp remains in the car) will still apply to summer camp drop-off.
9) Anyone who is not vaccinated and exhibiting symptoms OR has been exposed to someone else exhibiting symptoms, or exposed to anyone who tested positive within 10 days of camp will be required to submit a negative COVID test within 2 days of attending.